Thursday, October 9, 2014

REVIEW: LA TAQUERIA

HELLO IMAGINARY READERS (and Sarah), today I am back with another review and this time, it's on an authentic Mexican restaurant named La Taqueria.
 Located on the corner of Broadway & Cambie, this authentic Mexican restaurant definitely attracts a lot of foot traffic. There is also pay parking just around the corner for those who are driving. I have been told there is often a line up outside during lunch time, and some people even wait in line for an hour just to get a bite.
Sarah and I decided to come on Wednesday because you get 6 tacos for $10. We met up at around 2:45 to avoid the huge lunch hour line up. My first impression of the restaurant was that it was really quirky and had it's own unique character. Customer service was prompt and friendly. Also worth mentioning is that there is a GIANT cactus by the door, that is almost as tall as the ceiling, so be careful not to run into it..

Sarah wasn't too hungry so we decided to order 6 tacos to begin with. We placed our order, sat down at a table, and 5 minutes later a lady called our name and brought the tacos to our table. Here's a breakdown of what we got:
2 Al Pastor (Pork marinated in achiote chilli and pineapple),
2 Tinga De Pollo (Chicken in chorizo in a chipotle tomato sauce, topped with mexican cheese & sour cream),
DeCachete (Braised beef cheeks),
Frijoles Charros Con Queso (Refried cowboy beans with mexican cheese)

 
My favourite one was definitely the De Cachete, it was very juicy and flavourful.
My next favourite would be the Tinga De Pollo. The chicken was flavourful with a little bit of heat.
Sarah liked the Al Pastor but I wasn't a huge fan of it, because the meat was really dry and my tortilla was kind of hard, but maybe I should added some sort of sauce to it.. :/
Sarah said her Frijoles Charros Con Queso just tasted like beans. That's all.

VERDICT
This was my very first time trying out authentic Mexican food (none of that taco bell bullshit), and I gotta say it was very different but awesome! The 6 for $10 Wednesdays is a really good deal. There were so many selections on the menu that I haven't tried yet and if there is ever a chance, I would come back and try them again. They have everything from meat to veggie, and they also serve beers and special sodas too. I recommend this place to anyone wanting to try out authentic Mexican tacos!

Customer service: 5/5
Flavour and taste: 4/5
Cleanliness of restaurant: 5/5
Recommend: Yes 


La Taqueria Taco Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment